(This translation is for reference only, if there are inconsistencies between this translation and the Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevail)
The Hong Kong Professional Teachers’ Union (“HKPTU”, “We”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protect and respect your privacy. We comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) and Data Protection Principles when handing your personal data.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
- For different purposes and at different times, you may be invited to provide personal data to HKPTU on a voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, telephone number, residential address and/or e-mail address. If you refuse to provide your personal information to us, we may not able to provide you with some or all of the services. If you voluntarily provide any personal data to us, that means you are consented and allowed us to use your personal data according to this statement.
- Personal data collected by us might be used for (including but not limited to) the following purposes:
- Providing services to you
- Verifying your identity
- Handing your enrollment application (for Ordinary Membership or Honorary Membership) (including new membership and renewal of membership)
- Handing the application for identity documents that are issued by the HKPTU (including Teacher-training Programmer Students Card, Family Card, Parent-Teacher Association Card, HKPTU’s Guest Card, and other identity documents that are issued by the Executive Council of the HKPTU from time to time)
- Compiling for membership database
- Compiling for database of holders of various identity cards issued by the HKPTU
- Performing statistics and analysis on the data of members
- Performing statistics and analysis on your opinions in various researches and events
- Handing your complaints
- Sending messages of direct marketing (also subject to restrictions stated in section 6 of this statement)
- Handling your applications for joining or using the services, events, groups, courses, etc. that provided by the HKPTU, and contacting you regarding such applications, services, and events
- Sending the news and promotion to you regarding the services, events, groups, courses, appeals, various researches, invitations for opinions, and other matters that are organized by the HKPTU. (That including but not limited to PTU News, PTU E-bulletin, PTU News for Honorary Members, news regarding the affairs of the HKPTU, work reports, news regarding to rights and teaching profession, and other notices by the HKPTU.)
- Performing works in accordance with local law (e.g. Trade Unions Ordinance (Cap. 332)) and the Constitution of the HKPTU
- Other usages that are stated in the Personal Data Collection Statements and usages that are directly related to the usages stated in the Personal Data Collection Statements
- Performing other works and actions that are required by law (e.g. Trade Union Ordinance)
- Other usages that are directly related to the above purposes
- We might use the services provided by third party(parties) when collecting, processing, and/or storing your personal data. In this case, we will take all practical steps to ensure that your personal data will not be used inappropriately, in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Principles of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Except as specified in section 3, we will not transfer your personal data to third parties unless:
- we have obtained your consent;
- law statue(s) or court court(s) requiring us to provide your personal data to designated third party(parties); or
- other circumstances permitted by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- When we collects personal data, we will provide the “Personal Data Collection Statement” as appropriate. If there is no Personal Data Collection Statements provided when collecting your personal data, then “Guideline on Collection and Use of Personal Data” is applicable. “Guideline on Collection and Use of Personal Data” is published on the website of the HKPTU.
- We will inform you when collecting your personal data if we intend to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, and you have the right to decide on whether consenting (or do not object) us to use your personal data for direct marketing. If you wish to amend or withdraw your consent, you need to indicate such amendment/withdrawal by informing Senior Executive (Education Research), with your name, telephone number, and email address. Such applications are free of charge.
- We will take all necessary security measures, in accordance with Personal Data (Privacy) Ordnance and Data Protection Principles, to ensure your personal data is protected properly.
Use of Logs
- When you are browsing this website, our service provider will make a record of your visit. This shows your Domain Name Server address and the pages you have visited. The service provider only discloses to us aggregate information about the number and types of visitors. This information will be used by us only for preparing statistics.
- When you read and visit hyperlinks of emails from HKPTU, our service provider makes a record of the location of your internal service provider (ISP) server, the webpage address and the time. This information will be used by us only for preparing statistics.
- The information provided by HKPTU on this web site is for reference only. Whilst HKPTU endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information on this web site, no express or implied warranty is given by HKPTU as to the accuracy of the information.
- HKPTU shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this web site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- Users who link from HKPTU web site to sites provided by other organizations should be aware that the information on those sites has been compiled and issued by those organizations. HKPTU accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hyperlink from this site exists and shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or related to its use.
Enquiring, and Accessing or Correcting Your Personal Data
- If you wish to request for access or correction of your personal data, you may do so by contacting the Senior Executive (Education Research) of the HKPTU. We reserve the rights to impose a reasonable charge for such requests (request for correction of your personal data is free of charge). Any requests should be made by using the “Data Access Request Form” published by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data whenever applicable. The HKPTU reserves the rights to refuse any requests that are not made by the above-mentioned form.
- The contact information of the Senior Executive (Education Research):
Address: 7/F, Chung Kiu Commercial Building, 51 Shantung Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon
email address: [email protected]
Amending this statement
- HKPTU has the right to amend this statement from time to time. The latest version of this statement will be uploaded on the website of the HKPTU. You are advised to read this statement regularly and ensure you understand the latest version of this statement.
Last update: 19 May 2021